Below are some of the major points taken from the Pod Cast, Click on the link at the bottom to hear the entire Pod Cast.
- Self-movement screen-- abbreviated screen off of the true Functional Movement Screen
- The FMS is not a measurement tool at all. Instead, it shows that central nervous system runs the body and if a pattern is off, it will show in the screen. So we see how the body does not spontaneously, or reflexively, stabilize like it is supposed to during movement patterns.
- You must work on the quality of the movement pattern first.
- The FMS is seen as an equalizer.
- Sports impose asymmetries and imbalances on the body that need to be rectified in the off-season, in pre-season conditioning, and during in-season maintenance.
- Advanced Movement Screen-- needs to be scored (rated and ranked) by a professional.
- If you find yourself working on any movement pattern other than the weakest link, you cannot change the strength of the chain.
- Do not work on the “preference activity.” Instead, work on the “need activity.”
- Exercise is simply a means of improving movement.