» Functional Movement Screening and Corrective Exercise Courses
The Functional Movement Screening and Corrective Exercise workshop is designed to teach the Exercise Professional how to effectively provide a movement assessment corrective strategy.
- Learning a standard for baseline movement screening prior to training program implementation
- Identifying functional limitations and asymmetries which have been linked to increased injury risk
- Provide exercises to restore proper movement and build strength in each individual
Attending the FMS level 1 workshop is required for taking the on-line certification exam.See Course Schedule
» FMS Level 2 is an Advanced Corrective Exercise workshop for those already FMS certified
The Functional Movement Corrective Exercise workshop is designed to enhance exercise professionals’ perspective on improving fundamental movement patterns. The Functional Movement Screen(FMS) will be reviewed and corrective exercise progressions will be discussed based on movement dysfunction. The functional exercise progressions will be demonstrated and focus will be placed on how to utilize the FMS to properly prescribe and implement corrective exercise strategies. This workshop is designed to provide more hands-on/practical information, using case studies and lab settings to show how to use the FMS to provide the foundation for improvements in overall exercise programming.
The purpose of this workshop is to:
- Provide more insight into implementing the FMS into your training philosophy
- Enhance your ability to use the FMS progress from corrective exercise to functional and traditional exercises
- Introduce other assessment techniques which complement the FMS
- Describe traditional and non-traditional strength and conditioning exercises and how they fit into the FMS system