» FMS Level 1 ONLY (Tustin, CA)
- FMS Level 1 ONLY (Tustin, CA)
- 12/1/2012 - 12/1/2012
3053 Edinger Ave. Tustin, CA 92780 Map
- Mike Contreras
CORE TRAINING SYSTEMS PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
FMS Level 1
The Core Training System is the product of years of research and innovation. This System develops exercise programs based on individual movement patterns. It is equally effective in rehabilitation as well as conditioning because it targets the weak link. The System is made up of:
- Functional Movement Screen
- Core Training
- Reactive Neuromuscular Training.
Specifically, the Functional Movement Screen is a grading system created to assess and document functional movement patterns. By assessing these patterns, functional limitations and asymmetries are readily identified. Basic movement pattern limitations can reduce the effects of functional training and distort proprioception. The goal of this workshop is to introduce you and your staff to the benefits of utilizing this orthopedic screening process since functional movement patterns are the base for Core Training. At the heart of the system are the Functional Movement Screen score and the movement patterns, which are directly linked to the most beneficial corrective exercises to restore mechanically sound movement patterns.
Core Trainingis a series of exercises involving the Core Board, medicine ball, and tubing, targeted specific athletic movement patterns. Reactive Neuromuscular Training is the scientific platform for the Core Board exercises and medicine ball work that will be presented.
At the conclusion of the course participants will be able to:
- Assess fundamental movement patterns and determine weaknesses
- Understand Functional Movement Screen Scoring System and how it pertains to movement dysfunction
3. Determine mobility and stability problems within general population groups
4. Prescribe corrective exercise techniques which are designed to improve fundamental movement mechanics
5. Develop a greater appreciation of the importance of assessing and correcting movement pattern dysfunction
Tentative Outline for One-Day FMS Workshop
8:15-9:15 Philosophy/Background of Functional Movement Screen
9:15-10:00 Scoring Criteria of Seven Tests:
- Discussion of Each Tests
- Description of why each test is important
- Relating each test to scores
10:15-12:15 Scoring the Seven Tests
- Demonstration of Each Test
- Description of Testing procedure
- Break into groups and test each other
12:15-1:15 Break for Lunch
1:15-2:00 Scoring Analysis/Interpreting the Scores:
- Discussion of Case Study
- Linking Scores to Weak Links and Asymmetries
2:00-2:30 Exercise Introduction
2:30-4:30 Exercise Demonstration
- Partner Stretches, Self Stretches
- Group Interaction
- Performing Exercises
4:30-5:30 Case Studies: Linking the Exercises to the Functional Movement Screen
Functional Exercise Progressions
5:30-6:00 Question and Answer Session
You will receive 8 or .8 Continuing Education Credits for this course upon completion.
Travel Arrangements - Downtown Irvine is the recommended location for hotels, etc. and is about 3-4mi from the building in which the seminar will be hosted. FMS does not have any exclusive room rates with any particular hotel for this event.
Those that wish to make flight arrangements should fly into John Wayne, Santa Ana, or Orange Co. airports.