» FMS Level 2 - ACA Symposium (Las Vegas, NV)
- FMS Level 2 - ACA Symposium (Las Vegas, NV)
- 2/28/2014 - 2/28/2014
Las Vegas, NV
3655 Las Vegas Boulevard South Las Vegas , NV 89109 Map
Phone: Tel: (877) 796-2096
- Gray Cook and Lee Burton
Instructed by FMS Co-Founders Gray Cook and Lee Burton
The Functional Movement Corrective Exercise Seminar
YOU MUST BE FMS LEVEL 1 CERTIFIED TO REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT
This course is designed to enhance exercise professionals’ perspectives on improving fundamental movement patterns. The Functional Movement Screen will be reviewed and corrective exercise will be discussed based on movement dysfunction. The functional exercise progressions will be demonstrated and focus will be placed on how to utilize the FMS to properly prescribe and implement corrective strategy. More hands-on and practical information will be presented, using case studies and lab settings to show how the FMS can be used to provide a foundation for improvement in overall exercise programming. Objectives of this seminar:
- Provide more insight into the implementation of the FMS into your training philosophy.
- Enhance your ability to use the FMS to progress from corrective exercise to functional and traditional exercise.
- Introduce other assessment techniques, which complement the FMS.
- Describe traditional and non-traditional strength and conditioning exercises and how they fit into the Functional Movement System.
**Please note that seminar times are always subject to change**
8:00-9:00 FMS Philosophy and Review
9:00-10:00 Lab: FMS Screening
10:00-11:00 Corrective Exercise Philosophy
11:00-12:00 Active Straight Leg Raise Correctives
1:00-2:00 Shoulder Mobility Correctives
2:00-3:00 Primitive Pattern Correctives
3:00-4:00 Functional Pattern Correctives
4:00-4:30 Case Study Discussion
4:30-5:00 Facility Implementation and Discussion