Register for Discussion Group: “Breaking Down the Get-Up” with Brett Jones
Oct 28, 2020, US
Member's only event!
You’ve taken an FMS course and you are working on using screening results for better programming decisions as well as integrating the FMS essential corrective strategies and exercises. In this discussion group, Brett Jones, Education Director for StrongFirst and lead instructor for FMS will take us through an interactive discussion to breakdown the popular kettlebell exercise, the Get-up. He will focus on ways it can be used within the corrective strategies to improve multiple movement patterns.
In human movement, we need to support the movement baseline and when needed, focus on improving the movement patterns in FMS Algorithm order for best results. Kettlebells can give us many benefits in this corrective endeavor when used correctly. Brett will offer some tips and how to avoid some common mistakes as well as be available to answer your questions.
Remember – the FMS corrective philosophy, algorithm and corrective path offer you a systematic approach to improving movement. This discussion will help you whether you are new to kettlebell training or wanting to pick up some specific tips for how it is used in the FMS corrective strategies. Please join us!
- Discuss the purpose of the kettlebell exercise, the Get-up, in the FMS corrective strategies and exercises.
- Perform the Get-up variations in a live demonstration with coaching tips and cueing.
- Explain how specific variations can be used to improve movement patterns.
- Provide live demonstration of key corrective exercises used to improve the FMS movement patterns.Answer questions regarding how to apply kettlebell training as it applies to FMS corrective exercises and strategies for your clients.
- Provide feedback and discussion for confidence in using the FMS system.
Course Time: 4:00pm EST
Online Discussion Groups are for Members only. Please log-in to register!