Using Chunking to Teach the Hip Hinge
Written by Jon Torine Thursday, February 12, 2015 FMS Pod Casts
- Chunking defined: Breaking things down to their basic parts, then putting them together again in ever-larger groupings.
Example - learning to read
- Progress from the alphabet - words - sentences - paragraphs - chapters - book
- If someone can already read, do not waste time learning the alphabet again.
- Performing the Functional Movement Screen is the first step in evaluating whether someone can perform an appropriate hip hinge movement.
- During the screen, specifically focus on the Active Straight Leg Raise first.