This is a mobility exercise for the posterior chain of the body with emphasis on breathing.
90/90 Breathing Position
This exercise or technique is used to teach and train diaphragmatic breathing with knees elevated to the 90/90 position.
- Starting Position:
- Take a nasal inhalation and exhalation.
- Nasal inhalation should be a low, slow 3 seconds
- Then a brief pause
- Nasal exhalation should be slow and full 4-6 seconds
- Then a longer pause (2-3 seconds)
- Then the next breath cycle
- The air should expand the lateral portion of the stomach pushing your hands out.
This exercise or technique is used to teach and train diaphragmatic breathing
This exercise or technique is used to teach and train diaphragmatic breathing with your partner providing proprioceptive feedback.
This drill promotes sensory awareness for proper hip hinging and squatting.