Can FMS and CrossFit Coexist?
Written by Brandon Bennett Tuesday, February 18, 2014 Video
“We all agree that identifying faulty movement patterns is part of the coach’s job,” says Kelly Starrett. During this MobilityWOD segment Kelly talks with Gray about the Functional Movement Screen, and its role in helping the coach do just that.
- Integration of 2 styles and thought processes - FMS and CrossFit.
- Emphasis on “patterns” as the behavior linking “parts” and “performance.”
- Applying the movement screen in high-performance settings.
- How can a CrossFit gym or any gym use the FMS to identify risk?
- Using the FMS to create and generate effective group training.
- Appropriate frequency for screening and re-screening clients.
- Does the total score matter?
- The impact of asymmetries on injury risk.
- Correct use and application of the Functional Movement Screen - is the FMS a performance indicator?
- Who can use the FMS? - anyone who is passionate about, coaching, or teaching movement.