Why We Prefer the Hardstyle Swing
Written by Gray Cook Wednesday, August 26, 2015 FMS Pod Casts
<== Video for 3ZhyQ3nM ==>
- What is the difference between a hardstyle swing and an overhead swing?
- A swing is a powerful representation of how the hips and core should would work together effortlessly to unload the arms.
- Everything that happens between horizontal and overhead is wasted motion.
- The majority of people employ lumbar hyperextension and forward head movement in order to complete an overhead swing.
- DO NOT lose the plank position in order to get overhead.
- The same amount of power is generated with a hardstyle and overhead swing.
- A hardstyle swing is a safer more efficient way to train power and metabolism and create a platform for advanced kettlebell lifts or sports specific skill.
This clip was originally posted as part of an interview on RdellaTraining.com.