Equinox: Incorporating FMS at a Large Fitness Corporation
Written by Geralyn Coopersmith Friday, January 31, 2014 FMS Pod Casts
Geralyn Coopersmith, has held leadership roles with some of the most iconic brands in the fitness industry, including: Equinox Fitness, Nike and Flywheel Sports. At Flywheel Sports as Chief Talent Officer, Geralyn was responsible for: defining the fitness experience, ensuring class quality and for the professional development of over 400 instructors in 42 locations nationwide. Geralyn sits down with Lee Burton to discuss how the FMS has become part of the standard operating procedure at Equinox. Integrating FMS as a part of Equifit, their initial member assessment, has led to buy-in from trainers and members alike. This allows trainers to create challenging workouts for their members, many of whom are active middle-aged individuals, without breaking them down or ignoring movement deficiencies.
- Geralyn’s introduction to FMS
- Integrating FMS into the Equinox Fitness Training Institute
- Increased trainer quality since FMS implementation
- Impact on the general population: creating more effective workouts
- Equifit in-depth: Assessing all members